Rock Art Lesson Plan
Title: What is Rock Art?
Grade Level: 3-12
Objectives: Students will define rock art and its various aspects.
Activities (depending on grade level)
1. Complete the list of vocabulary words and terms.
3. Send students to the Web site and have them read the Quick Facts section ( frame by frame )
Define in your own words:
WORKSHEET ---- WHAT IS ROCK ART?
After reading the Quick Facts section of the Web site, answer the following questions. Use 2-3 sentences in your own words.
1. What is rock art?
2. Who made it in Arkansas?
3. What is a petroglyph and how is it made?
4. What is a pictograph and how is it made?
5. What is graffiti?
6. How old is Arkansas rock art?
7. What kind of images have been identified?
8. What are rock art styles?
Contributed by: Dan Marzoni, Ramay Jr. High School, Fayetteville AR