Rock Art Lesson Plan
is Rock Art?
Grade Level: 3-12
will define rock art and its various aspects.
Activities (depending on grade
1. Complete the list of vocabulary words and terms.
2. Complete the Worksheet below using the Quick
Facts and Glossary sections of the
3. Send students to the Web site and have them read the Quick
Facts section ( frame by frame )
Define in your own words:
WORKSHEET ---- WHAT IS ROCK ART?
here for a printable version)
After reading the Quick Facts section
of the Web site, answer the following questions. Use 2-3 sentences
in your own words.
1. What is rock art?
2. Who made it in Arkansas?
3. What is a petroglyph and how is it made?
4. What is a pictograph and how is it made?
5. What is graffiti?
6. How old is Arkansas rock art?
7. What kind of images have been identified?
8. What are rock art styles?
Contributed by: Dan Marzoni, Ramay Jr. High School, Fayetteville